For my Georgetown University friends, and other MBA students / job seekers about to embark on a job search, bookmark these sites to help you along the way:
- Mashable is an Internet news blog, started by Pete Cashmore in July 2005, that focuses on social media news (www.mashable.com)
- Executive Career Brand is a blog penned by my friend, and colleague, Meg Guiseppi. She’s a terrific writer and her advice on executive branding is pretty much second to none. (www.executivecareerbrand.com)
- JibberJobber is a tool for job seekers, job hunters, recruiters and headhunters to organize the job hunt and manage a professional network. (www.jibberjobber.com)
- Job-Hunt.org is a FREE award-winning employment portal, one of the Web’s oldest and most trusted sources of job search resources and advice. (www.job-hunt.org)
- Indeed is the #1 job site worldwide, with over 50 million unique visitors and 1 billion job searches per month that aggregates listings from the other top job boards. (www.indeed.com)
- Resunate.com is an advanced resume builder, that allows job seekers to create job- specific resumes in under 30 seconds.
Keep checking back in; I’ll be updating this list soon!